Specialty Coffee for Cafes in China
Professional Coffee for Coffee Professionals
When you are running a cafe, having the right coffee is critically important. Then again, every little thing you do.. and the way you do it is critically important. The art and science of making the perfect cup of coffee starts at the farm and is unforgiving of mistakes at any step in the process all the way to the cup.
You know as well as us that customers respond to the quality of coffee you serve them. If it is slightly off, or the flavour changes from week to week. you won’t see them again. If you make a great cup and keep making the same great cup over and over again, you will be their hero.
Of course a good number of customers also like to drink unique speciality pour overs and to be surprised. You need to strike a fine balance.
That is where we come in. We are specialist specialty coffee roasters. At ManLao River Coffee we understand what you need to make your business succeed. Whether you’re after a consistent espresso coffee that never waivers or you would prefer a unique, one off micro-lot that is as rare as it is delicious, we have you covered.
When you have to worry about marketing, barista performance, cooking, cleaning, business licenses and million other things, let us take the worry out of one of your most critical potential points of failure. We can work with you to deliver the perfect coffees for your business whenever you need it.
ManLao River Coffee is based in Yunnan and works closely with farmers in the province to make sure that we can access the most amazing coffees as soon as they are available. We buy coffees that simply aren’t available if you don’t visit in person to make it happen.
Our goals are simple. Uncompromising quality, professional service and the freshest coffee delivered to your shop ready to be served. In most cases we are able to roast and courier out our coffee on the same day. This means that when it gets to you, it will still have that freshly roasted aroma we all love.
If you would like to set up a wholesale account with us to access wholesale pricing, please call us on +86 871 65388830 or email us a email@example.com. We want to make your business as successful as possible, so let us know what we can do to help you grow.
About ManLao River
ManLao River Coffee started as a poverty elevation program in the foothills of the Himalayas close to the China / Laos border. The land where we grew coffee was regularly traversed by Asian Elephants and the communities that we worked with did end up growing out of proverty. At the same time as we ran that project, we also established a speciality coffee roaster in Kunming with the goals of displaying the best of Yunnan’s coffees.
Today the land that we utilised for the farms has been transfered on and continues to produce some of Yunnan’s finest speciality coffees. At the roastery we have diversified into not only roasting amazing coffees from our old land, but also sourcing great coffees other parts of Yunnan and around the world. Our goal is still to put Yunnan coffee on the coffee map and to do it by providing amazing experiences to our customers.
- First Chinese coffee producer member of the Speciality Coffee Association of America (SCAA)
- Work Level Certification from Switzerland
- First EU & USDA Certified Organic Yunnan Coffee
- First Chinese coffee to be used in World Barista Championship (WBC)
- First Chinese coffee to be used in World Coffee Roasters Championship (WCRC)
- Top tier green sponsor of World Cup Taster Championship
- Founding member of International Women’s Coffee Alliance (IWCA) China Chapter
- Top Chinese origin coffee on CoffeeReview.com
- Host of Yunnan Coffee Cup 2018 China Brewers Championship (Kunming Round)
- Sponsor of Amateur Brewers Cup (ABrC)
- First Chinese coffee reviewed by New York Times
- Bronze medal in 2019 Australian International Coffee Awards for exported Yi Rong Sister Manor coffee
Coffee Reviews & Media Coverage
- The New York Times – A Pleasing Brew From Yunnan Province (Green Coffee Export to US)
- D-constructed – Talking about coffee in Yunnan with Mark from Manlao River (Interview)
- Stir Tea & Coffee – Coffee with Chinese Characteristics (Inverview)
- Shanghai Daily – Brewing up something special in Yunnan (Green Coffee Introduction)
- Coffee Cantata – ManLao River Coffee China Nagy Peaberry (Review)
- Coffee Cantata – ManLao River Coffee Munroe Butterfly Espresso (Review)
- Coffee Review – 96 Points & #2 Coffee for 2015: Nekisse Red N2 Level 39 (Review)
- Coffee Review – 96 Points: Sillvia Solkiln N2 Level 95 (Review)
- Coffee Review – 94 Points: Perci N2 L39 (Review)
- Coffee Review – 94 Points: ManLao River Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Dry Process Gedeb Asasa (Review)
- Coffee Review – 94 Points: Sweet Maria’s Acatenango Gesha (Review)
- Coffee Review – 93 Points: Sweet Maria’s Colombia Timana Principales Lotes (Review)
- Coffee Review – 93 Points: Manlao River Man Wanshan Microlot (Review)
- Coffee Review – 90 Points: Nagy Peaberry (Review)