Free Speciality Coffee
Sample Pack (3 x 25g)
Home Delivered Chinese Speciality Coffee at its Best
One of the difficulties with buying things online is that it is difficult to know what you are getting until it arrives. With products like coffee, where you need to taste something to understand it, that challenge is multiplied.
To make it easier for you to try out our coffees, we are offering a limited number of coffee sample three packs. These include three local Yunnan coffees from farms that we work directly with to secure amazing quality coffee.
While we are giving the coffee away for free, to prevent abuse and to allow us to share this with more people, we ask that you pay for the shipping charges (usually less that 10RMB depending on where you live in China).
To take advantage of this offer 1) click the “Add to Basket” button below; 2) click “Checkout” on the popup menu; 3) Fill out your shipping details 4) pay for the courier charge; and 5) wait for your coffee to arrive.
About ManLao River
ManLao River Coffee started as a poverty elevation program in the foothills of the Himalayas close to the China / Laos border. The land where we grew coffee was regularly traversed by Asian Elephants and the communities that we worked with did end up growing out of proverty. At the same time as we ran that project, we also established a speciality coffee roaster in Kunming with the goals of displaying the best of Yunnan’s coffees.
Today the land that we utilised for the farms has been transfered on and continues to produce some of Yunnan’s finest speciality coffees. At the roastery we have diversified into not only roasting amazing coffees from our old land, but also sourcing great coffees other parts of Yunnan and around the world. Our goal is still to put Yunnan coffee on the coffee map and to do it by providing amazing experiences to our customers.
- First Chinese coffee producer member of the Speciality Coffee Association of America (SCAA)
- Work Level Certification from Switzerland
- First EU & USDA Certified Organic Yunnan Coffee
- First Chinese coffee to be used in World Barista Championship (WBC)
- First Chinese coffee to be used in World Coffee Roasters Championship (WCRC)
- Top tier green sponsor of World Cup Taster Championship
- Founding member of International Women’s Coffee Alliance (IWCA) China Chapter
- Top Chinese origin coffee on CoffeeReview.com
- Host of Yunnan Coffee Cup 2018 China Brewers Championship (Kunming Round)
- Sponsor of Amateur Brewers Cup (ABrC)
- First Chinese coffee reviewed by New York Times
- Bronze medal in 2019 Australian International Coffee Awards for exported Yi Rong Sister Manor coffee
Included Coffees Samples
The sample pack includes a 25g sample of each of the following speciality Yunnan coffees whole beans. This is the perfect amount for one brew of each.
An innovative micro-lot in our Manor Select Series. This natural process coffee shows off red wine, tropical fruit, caramel and sweetness with a smooth body. The coffee is sourced from old trees at an altitude of 1450m. The coffee has an unusual sweetness with flavour notes of blueberries and cranberries. Elements of dry red wine surprise the taste buds before a finish that is clean and powerful.
This coffee utilises innovative, micro-lot processing from Naji (Pu’er). Full red fruit harvested by hand using a red honey processing method achive the sweetness of honey during drying and develop flavour elements of candied dates. The coffee is very clean with the roasting highlights the unique and unexpectedly lively, brightness and sour notes. A wonderful combination of plum, carambola and cocoa.
Every year endangered wild Asian Elephants visit the Pu’er coffee producing area. This is a natural endorsement of the ecological balance of the coffee growing environment. Named “The Return”, this coffee blends coffee from growers in the elephant’s home range to create an authentic, natural, celebration of these beautiful creatures. The coffee has a long sweet red apple favour combined with fragrant nuts and moderate acidity.
ManLao River Reviews & Media
We are proud of the coffee we produce and proud to be a part of a global coffee community. We try to get the word out internationally about Yunnan coffee and are happy when people spread the word about us. Thankfully you don’t have to just take our word for it. Here are a few independant articles talking about us and the quality of our our coffee.
- The New York Times – A Pleasing Brew From Yunnan Province (Green Coffee Export to US)
- D-constructed – Talking about coffee in Yunnan with Mark from Manlao River (Interview)
- Stir Tea & Coffee – Coffee with Chinese Characteristics (Inverview)
- Shanghai Daily – Brewing up something special in Yunnan (Green Coffee Introduction)
- Coffee Cantata – ManLao River Coffee China Nagy Peaberry (Review)
- Coffee Cantata – ManLao River Coffee Munroe Butterfly Espresso (Review)
- Coffee Review – 96 Points & #2 Coffee for 2015: Nekisse Red N2 Level 39 (Review)
- Coffee Review – 96 Points: Sillvia Solkiln N2 Level 95 (Review)
- Coffee Review – 94 Points: Perci N2 L39 (Review)
- Coffee Review – 94 Points: ManLao River Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Dry Process Gedeb Asasa (Review)
- Coffee Review – 94 Points: Sweet Maria’s Acatenango Gesha (Review)
- Coffee Review – 93 Points: Sweet Maria’s Colombia Timana Principales Lotes (Review)
- Coffee Review – 93 Points: Manlao River Man Wanshan Microlot (Review)
- Coffee Review – 90 Points: Nagy Peaberry (Review)
We care about making sure that your information stays safe. That is why we use reliable external pyament providers to process your orders on this website. You can be confident that they will ensure that your payment details are secure while purchasing anything from this site. When you make an order with us, your payment processing is handled entirely externally. The only details we collect from you are your postal, email and phone details so that we can make sure that your coffee gets to the right place and process your reciept. For you convenience, we accept both local RMB payments (WeChat & PayPal) and overseas currecy transactions (PayPal). Please note that the payment options you have available in PayPal will be determined by the country of your card and / or where your account is registered.